NACSE - Advanced IT for Scientists and Engineers
Mapping interfaces make it easy to access complex databases
Learn more at gis@NACSE
NACSE helps scientists, engineers, and natural resource managers use computers and data more effectively:
- We train researchers how to store data so other people can use it too.
- Our software lets researchers develop Web interfaces to their data - without having to become computing specialists.
- Our interfaces display search results as maps or graphical summaries, with nothing more than a web browser.
- Our data systems help researchers and decision-makers merge their data with information from other groups.
- We develop educational interfaces and modules to help students and teachers use real-world data in the classroom.
- Our usability research identifies how different people find and use scientific data - and how to make interfaces more helpful to them.